Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

Ok, I generally try to avoid getting too mushy/gushy, but heck, it Valentine's Day, and not to brag or anything, but I have a pretty good Valentine. This lovely specimen of a man makes my life better each day. He is My Precious...(imagine those last two words being muttered in the voice of Golom from Lord of The Rings). So, in the spirit of love, and definitely a little boastfulness, here are a few reasons why I'm so fond of this man.

Blue Steel
 1) There's no use trying to get around it. I'm going to go ahead and point out the elephant in the middle of the room and state the obvious: I married a looker. I, Amber Elizabeth Wilson Olsen snagged me a hottie and I'm not one bit ashamed.


2) He tickles my funny bone. Yes, many of his stories may require censorship and usually deal with some sort of bodily function, but not a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh.

3) He knows what he wants and will work to get it.  Success is attractive, and when I was studying at BYU just about every boy I knew stated they wanted to go to law school, medical school, get their PhD, etc.....but talk is cheap.One of the first things I noticed about Jamie was how driven he was. Not only did he talk of big goals, he actually had a plan to accomplish them. Now as a medical student, I see him work hard everyday to obtain his goal of receiving a solid education so he can one day support his family.

4) He's the jack of all trades. I'm amazed by Jamie's many talents and skills. He plays the drums, the piano, the guitar, and even the bagpipes. When we first started dating I remember thinking how neat it was that he was involved in so many things. He loved sports (which was a def. must for me), he danced on the BYU Folk Dance team (which I thought was kinda funny, but cool), he had sang on the BYU Choir, and he could even knit.

5) He makes me want to be a better person. We try to not let complacency exist in our marriage. I love talking with him about my hopes, my goals, and how we can be better people. He is such a caring, genuine, and honest man. When I think about him as a future father to our little girl I get all giddy inside.

Alright, I could keep going, but this is becoming a little too self-indulgent. The bottom line is I married an amazing man and I look forward to spending the rest of eternity with him. How can a girl get so lucky?

Together Forever

1 comment: