Thursday, February 17, 2011

Late night antics

This has got to be a record for me. Three posts in one month...phew. Well since I'm a regular ol' insomniac nowadays I decided it was time to switch up my routine. I used to lie in bed tossing and turning for hours hoping to fall back asleep, but then neither me nor Jamie got any rest so I've started trying to do at least slightly productive things with my time while I'm up at night. I think I'm going to be totally prepared for sleepless nights as a mother because so far, pregnancy has been training me well.
For dinner tonight I decided to cook waffles. I'm really not a huge waffle fan, but I decided since I was going through the effort anyways, I'd double my recipe and freeze the leftovers for an easy meal. So away I went mixing and fryin' and before I knew it, this is what my stack of waffles looked like (I still ended up with a couple more than pictured....)

Ok, please ignore the woman in the green shirt pictured at an awful angle and look only at the waffles. Today was one of those I'm wearing my husband's shirt, I'm not leaving the house, wearing any make-up, or even showering for that manner sort-of-days (although I did end up showering). And yes, since you asked, I AM resting the plate on my belly....might as well make it useful:)


So anyways, I'm frying up waffles like crazy and in walks Jamie from a long day at school. I believe the one first things he said was, "Wow, are all of those for you? You must really be craving waffles tonight." Glad I can still 'wow' him after over 4 years together.

Oh, I also received some good news about 30 minutes ago, and since no sane person I know is awake other than me right now I guess the only one I can share my news with is Blogger....lame. I now have two new initials behind my name: Amber Olsen, RN. I just checked the Iowa Board of Nursing website and saw my name on the list. Wahoo! Feels good to know I passed my national boards. Alright, well I think I may try to head back to bed now. I ate a little snack, went to the bathroom (TMI?), and popped some Tums so I think I should be good to go for a couple of hours. Goodnight! (or morning.......)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the rn! How exciting. Hope you are feeling good. You will be well prepared for the baby with the lack of sleep. Can't wait to hear the good news soon...cassie

    ReplyDelete