Sunday, December 13, 2009

Life gets busy and you forget to blog....

Well, we've not been very good at updating regularly, so here's a quick update on us. First off, I (Amber), am finally free of all disease/sickness! After being sick for seven weeks with various infections/not-so-fun secondary infections caused by antibiotic use, I now have a clean bill of health. Things are starting to settle down as I finished all of my classes Monday, and I only have about three more weeks of full-time work left...yay! So now I can finally put the laundry away that has been sitting in a basket for two weeks, and give my dirty dishes the attention they need:)

Jamie has only one week left of his first semester of medical school! I'm so proud of him! He's worked very hard and has done quite well in his classes. Even though he's so busy he still makes time to spoil me,(he's baking cookies for me right now...I love him!) One more week with his nose in the books, and then it's break time!

We had a very busy Thanksgiving holiday. Wed, we headed up north to Jamie's parents. We went to New Moon, played in the annual Turkey bowl (we were sore for 3 days after), and ate lots of delicious food! Then we headed to my folks in Norfolk. While in the 'fork, we visited with relatives, relaxed, shopped, and ate more food! It was a quick, but fun break.
Here's a picture from our Norfolk visit (excuse my poor-quality camera)






Yesterday we had our church Christmas party. Jamie and I serve as the ward choir directors/pianists, and for this year's party, the choir had to put on a half-hour performance. Jamie and I were quite nervous for this as neither one of us really knows how to direct a choir and our (aka-my) piano skills aren't necessarily the best. During one song Jamie started playing the 5th verse on the piano (there were only 4 verses in the song...) and for another song that I was leading I forgot to have everyone stand up, so everyone was staring at me for approximately 30 seconds as I tried to figure out why no one would sing. It went pretty good though, considering.

Well that's all for now. Time to eat cookies and view our annual showing of the movie Elf!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the update! I'm sad we missed you over the break. Are you going to be around for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're coming back next tues. night and will be there for a week. We def. should try to get together sometime while we're home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you guys had a good Christmas. We definitely missed you at the Olsen party!

    ReplyDelete